Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hello World!

It is a historic day, one of the most historic of my almost 30 years: today we inaugurate the first black American president. I can say that I never believed it would happen and I am deliriously happy that it has. That said I'll move on to what really brings me here today.
My older sister recently started a wonderful knitting and crafting blog. She has asked me to join her as a blogger in solidarity. At first I scoffed. I really didn't know what my blog would be about or if I could make the time to do it, but this morning I had an epiphany. For Christmas I gave my sister and her family a copy of the book The 6 O'clock Scramble, by Aviva Goldfarb. They absolutely love it. I am a little jealous.
This book is not right for me, however, because it is meat centric. Rather than try to adapt her recipes for vegetarianism I have decided to do my own version without meat. I will also use the local box I receive from Greenling Organic Delivery along with pantry staples and other organic, seasonal produce from the local co-op. I plan on posting a weekly menu with shopping lists each weekend, including desserts. I will also reveiw the recipes and throw in bits about my mood, my writing and anything else that comes to mind. So, here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment