Monday, January 26, 2009

Coconut Curry

Yesterday marked day 1 of the weekly menu. I am really late as I was working out computer bugs and celebrating birthdays and being lazy, but I'm on track finally. I have to say it was quite delicious. Spicy, warm and hearty and very simple to throw together.


I did make a few changes to the original recipes (I can't ever seem to just follow a recipe). I only used 1 red onion and I used Bragg's amino acids instead of the fish sauce for the curry. For the wild rice I used a combo of brown and wild rice. The organic wild rice in the bulk section was $10 more so I went with the combo. I halved the recipe and used pecans instead of walnuts as that was what I had. I also replaced the green onions with a stalk of early green garlic from Greenling. Even though I followed the package instructions on my bulk rice it was a bit overcooked. That is probably my only real complaint, but in the face of how delicious it was it's not a big deal. if you made it please let me know what you thought and if you made any changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment