Sunday, July 26, 2009

Grilled Veggies

Last night I grilled for the first time. I'm bro-in-law took care of the delicious mint-lamb burgers while I handled the veggies. We also grilled lovely corn on the cob. Here are the super easy recipes:
(Both compliments of Gardeners' Community Cookbook, with my changes of course)

Corn without the husks:
4 ears of corn, remove husks and silks
butter (I used a compound basil butter I kept in the fridge)
s & p
garlic powder
tinfoil

- Break the corn in half. Place 2 longwise inside a piece of tinfoil. (wastes less foil)
- Break up about 1 TBSP of butter for each packet and place around corn.
- Sprinkle on s & p and garlic powder.
- Roll up tight. Place on grill over med-hot coals and turn frequently. Should take about 12-15 minutes.

Grilled Veggies

marinade:
1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger (I keep mine in freezer.) peeled and minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup bragg's aminos or soy sauce
2 TBSP sesame oil

- Mix all together in big ziploc.

veggies:
1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced in 1/4" rounds (could go up to 1/2")
2 medium zuchinni, sliced longwise 1/4"
2 bell peppers, sliced in big pieces

- Place all in ziploc and shake to coat.
- Place on grill one at a time and turn once grill marks are on.
- The eggplant will cook the quickest.
- Don't fret about the charring on the peppers as it easily comes off at the table.

And tonight I'll be chopping up the leftovers and making couscous. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment