Sunday, May 31, 2009

Five on Friday

I know it's Sunday, but I've noticed other blogs that post five good things for the week on Fridays. I like that idea quite a lot.

1. Saw Star Trek last night. It is amazing and no I'm not a Star Trek fan, well I guess I am now. The best character is the Scottish actor who plays Scotty. Simon Pegg from Shaun of the Dead.

2. My niece turned two. Watching that child grow is one of the highlights of my life.

3. I went to BookPeople and managed to walk away with only a book for my niece. Her first cookbook. Next weekend we're going to make the pizza recipe. That brings me to #4:

4. Baking scones with my niece. Two year olds can help in the kitchen. Scones were perfect because the little hands can squish the butter into the flour, stir int he milk and even brush the milk onto the scones. She did some rolling with her kid-size rolling pin and sprinkled on cinnamon and sugar. They were the most delicious scones I've ever made.

5. And finally I'm reading a great book about zen. It's called Hardcore Zen, written by Brad Warner, an ex-punk rocker turned monk. If you grew up in the 70'8 and/or 80's it's the perfect book to being learning about zen buddhism. Easy to read with great music references.

Whew, that was easy. And, this practice may very well help me pay better attention to little joyful things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment