Sunday, August 16, 2009

Welcome to My World

So up to now I have pretty much ignored my writing life with this blog. It's a shame, really, because writing is what I spend most of my time thinking about. As of now this space will be for my writing experiences as I try to finish my first YA novel. Today I am in a resting place with the story. I've been taking a break for the last several days to let it all sort of relax. I'm currently a bit over half way done with the very first draft (and let me tell you it's rough). It's only about half the number of words it will eventually be, but I'm ok with that. I'm a big picture kind of girl. I need to see it all out on the page before I can go back and add description and setting and sub-plots. I am an outliner and that's ok.
Over the next few days I will post some of my favorite go-to blogs about writing and children's books. As well as write about my favorite new software. So, get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment